Site International School of Lausanne
International School of Lausanne
The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, English language, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 890 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
Teacher of Science and Chemistry at 100%
(IB MYP and IB Diploma)
Maternity cover from November 2021 to July 2022
The appointee would also be expected to be a homeroom teacher in-line with their work percentage.
Qualifications and Qualities desired
- Ability to teach general science and chemistry in the IB MYP and IB Diploma Programme;
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes
- A recognized teaching qualification at graduate or postgraduate level
- Ideally three years’ proven teaching success
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons which stimulate and motivate students to learn
Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance; a work experience in an international environment is a strong asset
- Commitment to excellence in education
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- Excellent ICT skills and a knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
ISL is committed to being an inclusive employer that values diversity. This is reflected in our recruitment practices and in our Code of behaviour.
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss/EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
To apply, please submit the following documents on APLi which can be accessed through our website:
- cover letter
- CV/ résumé
- statement of educational philosophy
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Closing date: Friday 17 September
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.jobup.ch.